Kuwait allows stranded Italian national to fly home
Pubblicato il: 07/12/2018 16:59
Kuwait's government has allowed stranded Italian national Andrea Urciuoli to leave the country after Italy's foreign ministry and the Italian embassy in Kuwait negotiated with its authorities, the foreign ministry said in a statement on Friday.
The statement said Italy's foreign minister Enzo Moavero Milanesi was "sharing the good news of the measure taken by Kuwait's authorities" to lift its ban on Urciuoli, which was imposed amid a dispute with the construction company he works for, Cmc.
Urciuoli would "soon return home," the statement said.
Earlier this week the Italian government summoned Kuwait's ambassador Sheikh Alì Khalid Al-Jabar Al-Sabah for "clarifications" over the case in which Kuwaiti police earlier in December seized Urciuoli's passport and that of a Portuguese colleague who also works for Cmc.
Urciuoli and his Portuguese colleague also spent a night in custody before being allowed to return to their apartment.