A concert by Ghanaian-born rapper Bello Figo slated later this week in Rome has been cancelled due to "intimidation", organisers said on Tuesday.
"Given the intimidation directed at our guest, our patrons and the event, we feel obliged to ensure the safety of all involved, as well as residents and visitors to the neighbourhood," the concert organisers wrote on Facebook.
"We are forced to give up this opportunity for relaxation and entertainment," the organisers said.
Last week, the far-right Direct Action group said on Facebook that it had sent a letter to the concert organisers asking them cancel the concert by Bello Figo (Trendy Guy) whose songs satirise Italy's treatment of immigrants.
The letter accuses Bello Figo of "intolerable mockery of the Italian people that incites his countrymen to hatred," the Facebook post said.
Direct Action warned it would picket the Ex Magazzini converted warehouse site in the Ostiense area of capital where the concert was due to take place.
"Rome doesn't want you," and "Against rapper Bello Figo - SWAG" read two of the banners the group put up at the concert venue last week.
World War II fascist dictator Benito Mussolini's granddaughter Alessandra Mussolini told 24-year-old Bello Figo to "clear off" from Italy on a live TV show last month after he defended the right of refugees to receive shelter in the country.