Italy's foreign minister on Monday urged the reopening of Libya's oilfields, an end to foreign meddling in the war-ravaged country and a truce leading to an inclusive peace process.
"We also need to reopen the oil fields and work towards an intra-Libyan, inclusive (peace) process," Luigi Di Maio told Al-Jazeera in an interview.
"Today there is a proxy war in Libya. There is a lot of meddling We need a ceasefire and to stop every interference," Di Maio said.
Italy deplores "all uses of force in Libya," the minister said.
"One war can't be ended with another," Di Maio stated.
Losses from a four-month blockade of the former Italian colony's vital oil fields and ports exceed four billion dollars the Libyan National Oil Corporation said last week.
NOC chief Mustafa Sanalla appealed for an end to the blockade, saying if production resumes, Libya might be able to stop its economy collapsing.
The closure of the oil facilities in mid-January has been seen as part of efforts by eastern warlord Khalifa Haftar's more-than-a-year-old attempt to seize control of Tripoli amid a deadly civil war.
Libya has the ninth largest known oil reserves in the world and the biggest in Africa.